Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Friday, May 06, 2011

Pre-order update and Pattern Preview

Due to the popularity of the pre-order offer on A Stitch In Time, Vol 2,  we only have a few left where mini skeins will still be part of the pre-order package but I'm happy to announce that the new offer will be:

A signed copy of A Stitch in Time Volume Two
A Susan Crawford project bag
Discount vouchers
PDF preview pattern
All still for £30 + £4 P&P to anywhere in the world.

I'm also holding postage costs down for as long as possible but as we subsidise the postage costs I can never guarantee how long that will remain the price, but for now...

A couple of days ago I released this adorable pattern to all the wonderful people who have kindly pre-ordered A Stitch in Time Volume 2 and this is the pattern that any new pre-orders will also receive as a PDF - "The Jan Sweater"

Copyright Arbour House Publishing 2011


Jan is knitted in Excelana 4 ply using the shade Powdered Egg. The original design is from 1938. It features a classic boat neck and deep ribbed welt. The lace pattern is very easy to follow particularly as the body is unshaped between the welt and the underarm.

Copyright Arbour House Publishing 2011

 Front and back are worked the same, all in all making this a great introduction to vintage knitting. The boat neck can be left fully open as shown on the photos, or it can be sewn up to suit the wearer's preference.


Photographed, is the beautiful Faye, who modelled for me for the first time recently and was an absolute joy to work with, instinctively understanding the clothes and the eras they were from. 

The ear rings and brooch both belonged to my grandmother Ruby, as did the watch that you can just see in the first photo. The scarf and skirt are both vintage finds.

Don't forget there are a handful of pre-order packages left that include the mini skeins if you really wanted to get your hands on those, but I think that Jan makes a very good replacement. Don't you?

for now
Ruby xx

7 comments :

KnittingPony said...

This is absolutely beautiful, I love the accessories too :)
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am sorely tempted to knit this...hmmm, shall I??

Jemima said...

Beautiful sweater, and model too.

flossieKNITS said...

oh man, I really CANNOT wait for this book!

Giusy Jdeebella said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I pre-ordered it early this morning, and can't wait to have the signed copy on hands. Love the preview pattern, it's adorable!!! thank you for such a great selection of patterns, loved the first book and I know I will adore the second one :))
xoxo, Giusy in Italy

Shearer's Girl said...

Just ordered my copy! I love the broach. Faye looks perfect.

Liz said...

Thank you for sharing the pdf pattern. The photos look amazing - Very Betty Draper!.
I'm really excited to see the rest of the book now.