Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sexy knitters & Internet Problems

I have had great difficulty getting on the internet over the last couple of days. The fault has been with my internet provider who is having to rebuild 'things'. So I am blogging very briefly from a friend's computer just to say will/should/want to be blogging again tomorrow with photos.

I was thrilled to see

Blanche

'Blanche' made it into the top 20 nominations on the latest Sexy Knitters KAL.

My pattern isn't going to win the vote but just to be nominated feels great. Its lovely to realise other people like what you're doing.

I have just signed back up to wardrobe refashion, this time for a four month period instead of just two months like last time. I have so much fabric and yarn to use up there is no way I should struggle for clothes - just the time to make them.

I did have a little spend in the Toast sale in my 'down' time between memberships getting some fab pinstripe pants

toast pants

that look very like the one's John Galliano has done for Dior for Spring/Summer 2008
Galliano

have run out of time so
until tomorrow,

for now

Ruby xxx

4 comments :

Lauren Hairston said...

Love the pinstripe trousers. They're definitely one of my favorite things to wear to work. I'll check for you on Wardrobe Refashion. It's one of my favorite blogs to check out, but I think I'll have to wait until the summer to sign up. No school = time to sew!

Linda said...

Toast make great clothes. Well done with Blanche too!

Ilix said...

Congratulations on your nomination! I love the way Blanche looks!

Connie said...

congrats on the nomination. it's wonderful to get recognition! :)