Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, December 03, 2007

Not quite but nearly

This last week has been so, so crazy busy that I really can't believe its Monday again already. I have new patterns that I am itching to reveal that are in the latest issue of knitonthenet, but it isn't quite ready yet. It will be out in just a couple of days and then I can show them. But then once they are 'out there' I am going to spend a few weeks getting organised. I am going to do a list of WIPs, prioritise them, and get them done. I normally go away for a little while over christmas but I need to be careful this year as I have my house extension to furnish, decorate, floor, heat, light etc etc.

So anyway, during my two weeks off I am going to knit and sew, and sew and knit all the time. Even on christmas day I shall knit. I plan to have designs ready for submissions, for some commissions I'm working on, some exclusive patterns for the forthcoming justcallmeruby website and a number of other things that I can't talk about right now!

The first thing I am going to do is finish off Sloppy Joe's photos and post the finishing techniques I used on the blog. I PROMISE.

I also need to do some remedial work to my lovely extension. My lovely wooden doors and windows that I designed have been fitted and my builder kindly offered to undercoat them as he owed me a favour or two as he's taken so long doing this job. Anyway, I offered to mask the glass and my stylish art deco handles but he said it was fine, they would do it. I finally got a good look at the finished job at the weekend, and there was undercoat all round the glass and all over the handles. They hadn't masked or cleaned up after themselves at all. They had also closed the french doors while the paint was still wet and the doors where stuck together. We had to climb through the living room window into the extension to force the doors open!

Can anyone recommend an efficient but relatively speedy way of removing the undercoat from the windows? I could scrape them all but each door alone has 21 panes of glass!

Maybe this is how I'll actually be spending christmas.

for now

Ruby xx

6 comments :

Gudrun Johnston said...

Yikes..the homes improvement stuff sounds a bit stressful! Hope you don't have to end up spending all your crafty time scraping the windows! Seems like something a teen could do for some cash?
Like you I have to get organised with my knitting projects as they are starting to overwhelm me...little bit of this and a little of that....not good at having lots of things unfinished!Good luck!

Robin said...

Be sure to let us know when the patterns are available - I can't wait!

Knit - R - Done said...

I saw Blanche today. I can't wait to knit it. I am spinning the yarn right now. Great pattern!

mooncalf said...

Yay! Sloppy Joe info on top of a brilliant issue of knit on the net - you're making my week!

Susie Hewer said...

Cute heart socks!

Catherine Wilson said...

Love the 4th issue of knitonthenet. Happy Birthday to you all!!!! Congratulations to Gavin on his first patterns, great to get more guys interested in crafting. Love the socks, Blanche and the book review. You are a continued inspiration!!! Heres to lots of future successful years of crafting!!!