Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, December 17, 2007

I did a bad thing...

Did I make my list of WIPs and UFOs to work on before I started on anything else?
Like I promised? Did I?

NO.

Instead whilst christmas shopping on Saturday my LYS lured me in and then tempted me to buy this gorgeous shade of Freedom 100% wool from Twilleys

Twilleys Freedom yarn

It was reduced. It is pure wool and I have got a reason for buying it.

I have been promising my ever patient other half that I would knit him the Patchwork sweater from knitonthenet

patchwork sweater

So I have cast on yet another project.

patchwork cast on

patchwork close up 1

patchwork close up 2

But isn't it lovely?
Watching it change constantly is fascinating, and the yarn is beautifully soft and pliable. Now all I need to do is finish it in time for christmas!

so, for now

Ruby xx

2 comments :

Gudrun Johnston said...

That is going to be gorgeous!

Linda said...

The colours are going to be lovely for that sweater. It is nice yarn, I am wearing my Clapotis made of it at the moment.