I Knit London is proud to present the First Official UK Stitch ‘n Bitch Day, sponsored by Knit on the Net.
Saturday 10th November 2007 at the Royal National Hotel, Bloomsbury, London
9.30am to 4.30pm
A unique day for knitters, and the first official UK public appearance of Stitch ‘n Bitch founder, designer, author and knitting guru Debbie Stoller.
The event will host the official UK launch of the latest title in the phenomenal SnB series, “Son of Stitch ‘n Bitch” – with a book signing and personal appearance by Debbie Stoller, who will also hold both a workshop and talk on the day.
An eclectic line-up of other speakers, vendors and workshops are also being planned – more details coming soon!
- vendors from the UK and overseas offering a vast range of yarn, needles, accessories and books
- Jean Moss workshop
- Brandon Mably will be knitting in colour
- exhibitions – textile artists and charity projects on display
- Knitting Lounge – an area for winding down, licenced bar and music from DJs The Shellac Sisters
- Amy Lamé’s Pom-Pom International
- The official UK launch of “Son of Stitch ‘n Bitch” with a booksigning by Debbie Stoller
- fashion shows
- workshops – designers and artists share their skills
I for one am really excited. And to top it all some of my designs are going to be displayed on the knitonthenet stand and there's going to be a 'Stitch in Time' fashion show where some of my knitting will also be showing.My big disappointment though is, Debbie Stoller is here to launch her new book 'Son of a Stitch 'n Bitch' and I had intended to submit a design for it and DIDNT. Wouldn't it have been cool. If it teaches me anything its to try and make the most of any potential opportunity rather than find a reason (an excuse) why you can't manage it.
Piccys to follow tomorrow of 'Disco' (see previous blog). I feel this design is quite a departure from my 'normal' style which I'm quite pleased about. I think its good to explore different directions sometimes.
I'm having a bit of a photo crisis tonight as I can't get on to my photobucket account and I'm still trying to transfer photos onto flickr for my Ravelry profile. There's so much to do. Recording my stash could be a lifetimes work to be honest.
See you all tomorrow